Thursday, August 28, 2008

End of Summer Mind Dump

Wow, except for yesterday, I haven't posted since June 11.


It's been a full summer.


One of the New Year's Resolutions I've made was to blog for me, not for anyone else. (Not always the right answer, but got me over the hump of feeling like I needed to say something spiritual in every post, which made me approach blogging like preparing a message, which made me hesitant to post.)

Here I'll catch up with what's been going on:

1. I love motorcycle riding! Since I got my motorcycle in June, I now ride it to work almost every day. Yesterday, Katie rode 30 miles with me.

2. Adoption paperwork! It takes a LONG time. But we finished all our paperwork yesterday!!! (We celebrated with a motorcycle ride.)

3. Preaching through Romans - this has been awesome for me. I love getting a handle on the message of a whole book, and I understand Romans so much better than I have before, and it has really clarified lots about our walk with Christ. Romans 6:13 and Romans 12:1-2 were the best for me.

4. Getting ahead on Message Prep and Service Planning -- Peachtree is officially four weeks out on service planning (sermon AND music and creative elements). This is a first! Clinton, Sheila, and I have worked really hard all summer to get ourselves ahead. We've also got series mapped out through the end of the year.

5. Writing a book - I'll save this one for a post by itself.

2 comments:

  1. It's about time, I have been waiting for you to blog again, I check you, clinton, and tim everytime I blog to see if you guys have blogged.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey David!! So excited to find this blog! I'm super excited about you and Katie starting the sdoption process...Praying it goes quickly and smoothly! Keep us posted on how we can pray for you! - Chris & Anna

    ReplyDelete