Sunday, January 18, 2009

Memorable Birthdays

I just completed my 38th trip around the sun (January 15). There are several birthdays I specifically remember.

Age 12 – Spider man Surprise Birthday Party

Age 16 – Got my first car 1980 Nissan 200SX

Age 30 – Watched my very first DVD (Hollow Man, kind of scary)

Age 37 – (last year) – rode an elephant in Thailand

Age 38 – Dinner with Dan Poynter, expert on self-publishing.


Actually, I thought the Dinner with Dan Poynter was what I would remember from my 38th Birthday. But today (the Sunday after my birthday), a full house congregation sang Happy Birthday to me. I will never forget that!

Thanks, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. What a inspiration I thank God for you and your family and our wonderful church. I'm very glad he choose you to come back here to West Georgia. Thank you again for all you do. Our God works through you in wonderful ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much! I count a GREAT privilege to shepherd God's flock. Thank you for the kind words!

    ReplyDelete