Saturday, December 29, 2007

Blogging in 2008

I love the idea of blogging. Most of all, I think it is incredible that I could have a journal of my whole life...the highs and lows, all on the web and forever searchable. What an awesome testimony of my life with Christ to be able to see what what I was thinking a year ago, three years ago...wow!

Just think of the legacy that I could leave for my children to know what their dad was thinking and how he was growing at different stages of life.

The problem I've always had is that I usually fret over whether a thought is lofty enough to put out there.

Three things just intersected my life at the right time, though, so I'm excited to try my hand at blogging fresh for 2008.

The first thing is that I always love making new habits and new year's resolutions at the end/beginning of a year, and Blogging was one thing I was thinking about getting serious about.

The second thing was I just read a quote that said, "Don't blog for the world; blog for yourself."

That's what I needed; permission for my blog to be my quick unedited thoughts, not a polished complete analysis of whatever thought I'm having at the moment.

The third I'll save for the next post.

If you want to join me from time to time to see what I'm thinking, I'd love for you to join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment