Saturday, December 29, 2007

Why I want to Blog in 2008, Part 2

2008 marks five years of service at Peachtree Church. The elders and I put a sabbatical policy in place about three years ago which provides for a short summer sabbatical to rest, renew, and recharge after five years of service.

I've been dreaming for a year now about what I would do with my sabbatical time, and I was pretty set on a serious study of the life of Paul including a Footsteps of Paul trip.

But God has blessed me with something that will be just what I want/need and is going to be far cheaper. I applied for and received a free two week trip to Israel for April 2008 specifically for renewal.

I'm really excited about this, and am just blown away by the Grace of God that He would allow me to travel back to the Holy Land. My first trip six years ago was the trip of a lifetime.

So, I want to blog about my time on that trip this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment