Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Melancholy Treatment: It Works!


Had my first real bout with being a melancholy since the temperament series this morning (I think I’m somewhat sick, too), and I just worked through my first post about how to come out of it, and wow, God’s Truth really works!
Romans 7 and Ephesians 6 (Spiritual armor) were especially meaningful to me!  Put on the armor “so that you can take your stand against the Devil’s schemes.” The Death Spiral is one of his schemes against melancholies.
Even before I got to verse 18, I felt impressed to not only pray about putting on the armor for myself, but for our body as well.  Then, I got to verse 18:

 
18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.



Just wanted to let you know God is God. 
Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. My wife and I have been searching for a church for quite sometime. I love Peachtree and your messages Pastor David. God is using you in a more powerful way than you know. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say I second Anonymous' comments. I truly appreciate you putting yourself out there. I am a very very strong " C " and have experienced many of the things you were saying, but didn't dare speak up. Thank you for being a voice for me to hear. We will be back weekly and participate in church actitives. I need God to save me from this internal struggle.
    Randy

    ReplyDelete