Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Life as a Melancholy, Part 5

There’s one more way to stop the Melancholy slide that I have that unfortunately most of you don’t: I have to preach every seven days.

Once a week, I stand up and proclaim that God is Good, that we are not alone, and that God can get you through ANYTHING that comes your way.

I remember when I began teaching every week, I used to wonder, “What happens when the preacher is having a bad week?”

By Saturday night at the latest, I HAVE to have a “come to Jesus” meeting with the Lord if I am to speak with integrity on Sunday morning. It creates a deadline that whatever spiral I might been going down must come to an end.

God is always faithful, and I am so thankful that “His strength is made perfect” in my weakness.

But what about you? You may not have a built-in deadline where you have to come back to the Truth every seven days at least.

Do you wallow in the pit for weeks and months at a time?

Set your own deadline. By today or by this weekend, I will spend time with God, read His Word, get encouragement from a friend, and stop spiraling down.

Six years and counting, it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment