Friday, May 25, 2007

My New Routine

I’m terribly task-oriented.


I’m the kind of person who writes the smallest tasks (i.e. put on clothes, well maybe not that bad) on my list so that I get the dopamine rush of checking it off. Sometimes, I’ll even put a task on my list after I’ve completed it.


The upside is that I get a lot done and am always working on something.


The downside is that I get going on tasks early in the morning and can go all day marking things off the list and miss developing relationships, most importantly, my relationship with God.


I’ve had some great times with God lately, and I’m going to formalize it into a routine (a daily task…hey, it works for me)


Here’s what it looks like for me:


Immediately when I get up:


5 minutes Listen to a worship song on my iPod
5 minutes Read a chapter in the New Testament
10 minutes Pray through the Psalms
10 minutes Pray and write in my journal

What’s your way of spending time with God?


No comments:

Post a Comment