Monday, May 28, 2007

My Vision for Peach Buzz

I believe blogging is an incredible tool. The many comparisons to the Gutenberg's invention of the printing press in 1517 are apt, I believe, both in terms of technology giving the expression of individuals the ability to persuade masses, as well as the revolutions such persuasive expressions were able to cause. (Don't forget, the Protestant Reformation was what it was because of the printing press).

I blogged for about a year (first post: March 2005; last post, April 2006). I didn't consciously decide to quit, but a couple of things happened:

1. I went through an internet funk where other blogs began to discourage me (not based on their content; I don't know if it was jealousy or mid-life crisis (Katie says I'm too young for that; I'm 36) or what, but for the sake of my spiritual life, I swore off blogs for at least six months.

2. We had a CHALLENGING year at Peachtree (my staff says, which year has not been been challenging). Deciding to buy/build, leading a capital campaign, and choosing the place consumed 2006, and much of it was not glamorous to write about. Looking back, God has been so faithful to led us to His best for us, but there were lots of faith-stretching moments along the way.

To sum it all up, I've felt really led to share my voice, this time around, primarily for the congregation at Peachtree and the people of West Georgia. I have several church planter friends I hope will be encouraged and I really do hope to connect with some guys who are leading well and down the road ahead of me (Perry Noble, Scott Hodge, I'm dying to meet you guys...Gary, hook me up)

But, I really want to share life with my closest brothers and sisters and the people we are called to reach.

So, don't be shy. Let me know what you think…what you’d like to talk about, and especially who you are.

Got a question or comment...I look forward to our conversations!


Also be sure to check out Peachtree Community Church
Peace be to you,
Pastor Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment