Sunday, January 13, 2008

2008 Praises/Highlights/Blessings

Katie and I have had a tradition that started in our second year of marriage of consciously tracking the blessings of each year.

They can be small or huge things, whatever we want to thank God for. When we're conscientious about it, we usually fill up about two pages on the fridge of things we are thankful for that happened during the year.

This year, I'm going to track them on my electronic fridge (right here on my blog). If you want to see them all, I'm labeling these posts Praise.

First, here's a few from the end of 2007:

1. 5 day cruise Mobile to Mexico in December
2. Our GG leaders James & Bryony Hite and all our GG friends
3. $25,000 Jesus' Bday offering! Able to bless some missionaries we support, set aside money for a baptistry, and bank 2 months of salary for new staff member Andy Whitworth!
4. Andy Whitworth on staff!
5. Great time with family over Christmas
6. iPod Touch - love listening to sermon podcasts and the Bible while walking
7. Peachtree at Blackstock - building is completed and 2008 will be all about ministry! Yeah God!

Now, things I'm grateful so far in 2008:

1. Abbie Reid - 93 sight words out of 100! Smart girl!
2. One month completed of my new health habit. - I walk 45 minutes about five mornings a week: Goal: 10,000 steps a day!
3. Privilege of going (with Katie!) to Thailand to encourage a missionary friend and share at a conference
4. Mom & Dad keeping Abbie and Ben so we can go to Thailand
5. Inspired by...The Bible Experience: Complete Bible - bought this with Christmas money, and it is Really good!
6. Peachtree Staff - competent to handle everything while I'm away
7. Peachtree Church - I am so grateful for my family at Peachtree. It is my privilege to be your pastor. We are a blessed people!
8. Jesus! - The more I get to know Him, the more I see His wisdom and beauty and power to accomplish just what He wants. Lord, I surrender to you!
9. Katie - my life would not be near as sweet without my precious life Partner
10. Ben Reid - can't leave him out...my best buddy. His fourth year (2008) is going to be FUN for daddy!

Every good and perfect gift comes down from the Father of Lights...

Thank you, Lord, for all your perfect gifts!

1 comment:

  1. Is The Bible Experience not the best!?

    There's a daily podcast now on iTunes and Zondervan's site, it must have just started, because they're only on Matthew. It 2 minute segments of The Bible Experience Gospels everyday. Pretty cool to take with you.

    ReplyDelete