Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Days 8-11

We are home now, just still suffering from a little jet lag. Our days feel like nights and nights feel like days.

I apologize for not giving daily updates for the last few days of our trip; once the conference started, we were up at 6:00am and going till 11:30pm, with every minute filled with preparations for the day, prayer, serving, or encouraging workers, and there was NO time for posting.

Katie and I had the privilege of serving about 20 field workers who came to consider the needs and potential for going into the country we were praying for.

It was during this three days that the value of all of our preparation and our purpose for coming became very evident.

I’ll unpack these more as my jetlag goes away, but here are the major lessions I believe God wanted to teach me through this trip and to share with our body:
prayer,
sending,
the sovereignty of God,
the urgency of our Mission (here and abroad),
and
willingness to surrender our dreams to those of our Lord’s (including patiently waiting for His timing not ours).

I want to thank all of you who prayed for us every day, sent comments to my blog (I treasured any word from you guys!), and followed our journey.

Peachtree, I’m also so grateful you guys gave me time away and the church supported our trip. We were able to greatly encourage our friend our church supports, and I am so eager to share with you guys how I believe God wants us to step up our role in missions.

Katie and I will plan a night for debriefing with all of you as soon as we get back to normal.

Thank you so much for praying for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment