Saturday, February 28, 2009

Life as a Melancholy, Part 2

I can’t believe I didn’t mention this as a cure to the blues.


Every melancholy should own an iPod.


Worship songs lift me out of the pit and remind me of Truth like nothing else.


Here are a few of my favorites (specifically geared to avoiding the Melancholy Death Spiral):


1. The Voice of Truth – Casting Crowns
2. Any Michael Card (I love his theologically accurate songs) – Sunrise of Your Smile, The Basin & The Towel, the whole Ancient Faith set, The Final Word…he’s got a song about his grandfather being a pastor that makes me cry almost every time I hear it (Title: For F.F.B.)
3. Any Keith Green (I love his passion for the Gospel; it convicts me)
4. Sarah Groves (Very theological as well) – The Word, Painting Pictures of Egypt, and He’s Always Been Faithful all rock my world.


I have a playlist on my Ipod called “Truth for David” I listen to it about once a week. Here’s a few of the Spiral-busting songs in it:


1. Good to Be Alive (Geoff Moore)
2. The Voice of Truth (Casting Crowns)
3. The Word (Sarah Groves)
4. Painting Pictures of Egypt (Sarah Groves)
5. He’s Always Been Faithful (Sarah Groves)
6. Blessed Be Your Name (Matt Redman)
7. Beautiful Savior (Tim Hughes)


I need to get Mighty to Save and this AWESOME new song we’re doing at church “Yahweh”

Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment